Star Comprehensive Insurance Policy
- Entry age between 3 months and 65 years
- Lifelong renewals guaranteed.
- No exit age.
- Dependent children (those who are economically dependent on their parents) can be covered upto 25 years of age.
Pre-acceptance Medical Screening: All persons proposed for insurance who are above 50 years of age are to undergo Pre acceptance medical screening at the company nominated centers. The cost of such screening will be borne by the Company. The age for screening and the cost are subject to change
Coverage (Section 1)
- Hospitalization Cover: Room (Single Standard A/C), Boarding and Nursing expenses.
- Surgeon’s fees, Consultant’s fees, Anesthetist’s and Specialist’s fees.
- Anesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre charges, Cost of Pacemakers.
- Air Ambulance cover: Up to 10% of the sum insured per policy period. Applicable for sum insured of Rs. 7.50 Lakhs and above only.
- Emergency ambulance charges for transporting the insured patient to the hospital up to the limits stated in the schedule of benefits.
Pre Hospitalization: Medical expenses upto 30 days prior to the date of admission.
Post Hospitaliztion: Medical expenses up to a period of 60 days after the discharge from the Hospital.
Pre-existing Diseases: Covered after 48 months of continuous coverage without break.
- Accidents are covered from day one. For illness/diseases 30 days waiting period is applicable.
- 24 months waiting period for specified illness/diseases/treatments
- 36 months waiting period for Delivery and New Born cover and for Bariatric Surgery.
Day Care Procedures: 405 day care procedures covered.
- Out Patient Medical Consultation: Expenses on Medical Consultations as an Out Patient incurred in Network hospitals for other than Dental and Ophthal, up to the limits mentioned in the schedule of benefits with a limit of Rs.300/- per consultation (not part of sum insured).
- Domiciliary Hospitalization: Coverage for medical treatment for a period exceeding three days, for an illness/disease/injury, which in the normal course, would require care and treatment at a Hospital, but on the advise of the attending Medical Practitioner, is taken whilst confined to home under any of the following circumstances.
- The condition of the patient is such that he/she is not in a condition to be removed to a Hospital, or
- The patient takes treatment at home on account of non-availability of room in a
- However, this benefit is not applicable for Asthma, Bronchitis, Chronic Nephritis and Nephritic Syndrome, Diarrhoea and all types of Dysenteries including Gastro-enteritis, Diabetes Mellitus and Insipidus, Epilepsy, Hypertension, Influenza, Cough and Cold, all Psychiatric or Psychosomatic Disorders, Pyrexia of unknown origin for less than 10 days, Tonsillitis and Upper Respiratory Tract infection including Laryngitis and Pharingitis, Arthritis, Gout and Rheumatism.
Pre-hospitalisation and Post-hospitalisation expenses are not applicable for this cover.
- Expenses incurred on hospitalization for bariatric surgical procedure and its complications thereof are payable subject to a maximum of Rs.2,50,000/- during the policy period.
- This maximum limit of Rs.2,50,000/- is inclusive of pre- hospitalization and post hospitalization expenses.
- The limit of cover for Bariatric Surgery forms part of sum insured under Section 1
- Coverage under this section is subject to a waiting period of 36 months and payable only while the policy is in force
Cover for Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disablement:
- Accidental Death
- Permanent Total Disability following an accident.
- This cover is not available for dependent children and for Insured Persons who have
completed the age of 70 years at the time of renewal.
*The sum insured for this cover is separately indicated in schedule of benefits. Cover for one
insured person opted by the proposer
Option for Second Medical Opinion: The Insured Person is given the facility of obtaining a Second Medical Opinion from a Doctor in the Company's network of Medical Practitioners.
Delivery and New Born (Section 2) (please refer schedule of benefits)
- Expenses incurred as in-patient for Delivery including a delivery by Caesarean Section.
- Treatment of the New Born
- Vaccination expenses up to Rs.1000/- of the new born baby. Claim under this is admissible only if claim under A of Section-2 above has been admitted and while the policy is in force.
*Coverage under this section is subject to a waiting period of 36 months and payable only while
the policy is in force
Outpatient Dental & Ophthalmic Treatment (Section 3)
- Expenses incurred on acute treatment to a natural tooth or teeth or eye are payable, once in every block of 3 years of continuous coverage.
- The treatment can be taken as an Outpatient. For limits please refer schedule of benefits. This is in addition to sum insured.